S Pass

The S Pass allows mid-level skilled staff to work in Singapore. Candidates need to earn at least a month and have the relevant qualifications and work experience.


Who is eligible

The S Pass is for mid-skilled foreign employees (e.g. technicians) who meet these criteria:

  • Fixed monthly salary* of at least The salary should reflect work experience. Older, more experienced applicants need higher salaries to qualify.
  • A degree or diploma. We may consider technical certificates, such as courses for qualified technicians or specialists. The certification should include at least 1 year of full-time study.
  • Years of relevant work experience.

*Fixed monthly salary

Application for an S Pass is open to all nationalities.

Note: You cannot employ foreign workers to work at a food stall in a hawker centre, coffee shop or food court. Such operations are small scale and should be manned by owners or family members.


Self-Assessment Tool (SAT)

Only eligible candidates will be considered for an S Pass. Criteria include a minimum salary of and acceptable qualifications. Use the Self-Assessment Tool to check a candidate’s eligibility before you apply.

Self-Assessment Tool (SAT)

If the SAT shows that the candidate is not eligible, you shouldn’t apply for the S Pass because it will be rejected.

If the SAT shows that the candidate is eligible, there is around a 90% chance that the candidate will get a pass.


Documents required for S Pass

You need to submit documents such as copies of passport details and educational certificates along with the S Pass application.

You will need these documents to apply for an S Pass:

  • Personal particulars page of the applicant’s passport.
  • Company‚Äôs latest business profile or instant information registered with the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA).
  • Candidate’s educational certificates. You will need additional documents for:
Qualifications fromAdditional documents needed

  • Transcripts

  • Marksheets


  • Certificate of graduation for diploma or higher

  • Verification proof of this certificate - don't need English translation

You can get the verification proof from sources such as Dataflow, The China Higher Education Student Information job portal or The China Academic Degrees and Graduate Education Information.


For documents not in English, submit an English translation and a copy of the original document. The translation can be done by a translation service provider, embassy or notary public.

You will need to submit additional documents for the following:

  1. For regional representatives of overseas companies
  2. For healthcare professionals, lawyers, football players or coaches
  3. For employees in a food establishment