Personalised Employment Pass (PEP)

The Personalised Employment Pass (PEP) is for high-earning Employment Pass holders and overseas foreign professionals. It is not tied to an employer and offers greater flexibility than an Employment Pass.

Eligibility and requirements

You can apply for a Personalised Employment Pass (PEP) if you are:

  • An overseas foreign professional and your last drawn fixed monthly salary overseas was at least $18,000. Your last drawn salary should have been within 6 months before you apply.
  • An existing Employment Pass holder earning a fixed monthly salary of at at least $12,000.

Who is not eligible

You are not eligible for the PEP if you are:

  • An Employment Pass holder under the sponsorship scheme.
  • A freelancer or foreigner who intends to work on a freelance-basis.
  • A sole proprietor, partner or director and shareholder in an ACRA-registered company.
  • A journalist, editor, sub-editor or producer.

Note: You are not allowed to start a business or conduct any form of entrepreneurial activity while on a PEP. If you intend to do so, you should apply for an EntrePass.


Requirements of the pass

To keep holding a PEP, you must:

  • Not be unemployed in Singapore for more than 6 months at any time. Otherwise, you will need to cancel the pass.
  • Earn a fixed salary of at least per calendar year, regardless of the number of months you are in employment.

Notify us of the following:

  • When you start or leave a job.
  • If you change your contact details, such as local contact person or address.
  • Your annual fixed salary. You need to declare it by 31 January of every year.


Documents Required

  • A copy of the personal particulars page of your passport.
  • If you have never applied for a work pass before, you will need these additional documents:
    • Educational certificates.
    • Employment contracts of new or previous employment (if any).
    • Employment history.
    • Latest 3 months of your salary slips and bank account statements.
    • Latest tax statement.

For documents not in English, submit an English translation and a copy of the original document. The translation can be done by a translation service provider, embassy or notary public