Dependant’s Pass

The Dependant’s Pass allows spouses and children of Employment Pass or S Pass holders to join them in Singapore.


Eligible Employment Pass or S Pass holders can bring certain family members to Singapore on a Dependant’s Pass.

You can apply for a Dependant’s Pass for your family if you meet these requirements:

  • Hold an Employment Pass or S Pass.
  • Earn a minimum fixed monthly salary of
  • Are sponsored by an established, Singapore-registered company (usually your employer).


You can get a pass for the following family members:

  • Legally married spouse.
  • Unmarried children under 21 years old, including legally adopted children.

If your family members are not eligible for a Dependant’s Pass, they might qualify for a Long Term Visit Pass.


Documents required 

You need to submit documents such as copies of passport details and birth or marriage certificates along with the Dependant’s Pass application.

You will need these documents to apply for a Dependant’s Pass:

  • Copy of the personal particulars page of the candidate’s passport.
  • For children who share a passport with their parent, you must also submit the parent’s personal particulars page.

Depending on the family member applying, you will need to submit these additional documents:

Family memberAdditional documents
Spouse (legally married)Copy of the marriage certificate
Unmarried children under 21 yearsCopy of the official birth certificate stating the parent's names
Unmarried, legally adopted children under 21 yearsCopy of the adoption order or other relevant documents

For documents not in English, submit an English translation and a copy of the original document. The translation can be done by a translation service provider, embassy or notary public.