Employment Pass Requirements
The Ministry of Manpower evaluates each applicant on the basis of individual merit. Other factors which also play a very important role are:
- Salary of the applicant
- Age of the applicant
- Roles & responsibilities
- Reputation of the company
- Company paid up capital
- Applicant’s current citizenship
- Educational qualification
Who is eligible
The Employment Pass is for foreign professionals who:
- Have a job offer in Singapore.
- Work in a managerial, executive or specialised job.
- Earn a fixed monthly salary of at least $3,300 (more experienced candidates need higher salaries). *
- Have acceptable qualifications**, usually a good university degree, professional qualifications or specialist skills.
Application for an Employment Pass is open to all nationalities.
* Note on salaries:
Young graduates from good institutions can qualify if they earn at least $3,300.
Older, more experienced candidates need higher salaries to qualify.
** Note on acceptable qualifications:
Minitry of Manpower of Singapore does not have a list of approved institutions. Instead, they evaluate each application on its own merit, based on a wide range of criteria such as global and country rankings, and enrolment standards.
Applicants without acceptable qualifications may not necessarily be rejected. Similarly, having acceptable qualifications do not guarantee approval.
They will also look at other factors such as proven track records and exceptional skill sets on a case-by-case basis.
SelfAssessment Tool (SAT)
Only eligible applicants will be considered for an Employment Pass. Criteria include a minimum salary of $3,300 and acceptable qualifications. Use the Self-Assessment Tool (SAT) provided by MOM to check your eligibility before you apply.
If the SAT shows that the candidate is not eligible, you shouldn’t apply for the Employment Pass because it will be rejected.
If the SAT shows that the candidate is eligible, there is around a 90% chance that the candidate will get a pass.
You will need to furnish these documents to apply for an Employment Pass in Singapore:
- A copy of the personal particulars page of your passport
- Photograph of the applicant
- Company’s latest business profile or instant information registered with Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA). We will have this if we are providing you Singapore Company Incorporation service.
- Resume or CV stating your educational and employment history
- Copies of educational certificates (e.g. degree certificate) and past employment testimonials. You need to provide additional documents for:
|Qualifications from||Additional documents needed|
You can get the verification proof from sources such as Dataflow, The China Higher Education Student Information job portal or The China Academic Degrees and Graduate Education Information.
* For documents not in English, submit an English translation and a copy of the original document. The translation can be done by a translation service provider, embassy or notary public.